I’ve been putting this off for months, waiting for school to end, but it almost has now and I have the courage to move forward with this project, so it’s time to stop overthinking and hit “post.”
My name is Olivia, and I’m 18 years old and headed to college in the fall, where I will be studying English Secondary Education and Creative Writing. I’ve wanted to be an author since I was five, and I’ve been longing to have my own corner of the Internet that I updated regularly for a while now. I blogged here for the longest time, and on and off on Tumblr about TV and books, but Blogger was not the easiest to share across platforms. Furthermore, I felt the need to review in-depth everything I read, which took away from other things I wanted to talk about (the “big ideas,” if you will), and I want to start fresh and tackle things more regularly.
Topics will likely include:
- My writing journey (also a motivation to write, so that I have something to talk about!)
- Books! More specifically:
- Classic and new
- Recommendations/favorites/personal stories as they relate to books
- Literary fiction and classics, which I also enjoy
- Education, both my continuing academic journey and the classrooms I will eventually teach in
- Observations and discussions going on in the book industry and community
- TV, because I’ve always got something to say about the show I’m currently obsessed with
- Other things I’ve just got to say something about!
I’m really excited to get back to blogging–and blogging more than ever before–so thank you for coming along with me!
2 thoughts on “Welcome!”
Well done on getting the ball rolling, Olivia! 18 is such a great age — a year of beginnings, & an absolutely perfect time to start blogging. Keep it up & by the time you’re our age (in a whole 10 years!), you may well have reached your goal of becoming a multi-published authour!
Best of luck & God bless!
~ The Sippit Sisters: Bri Stox & Mez Blume (email@example.com)
Thank you! I hope to reach that point!